hi, i'm felix. i'm passionate about creating things with care, and am grateful that i can do that for a living 🙏
fast-forward to today, i’ve helped build, ship and scale a variety of successful products: mobile & desktop apps in mobile payments, employee benefits, expense management, domain & email hosting services and enterprise chat.
alongside work, my wife & i founded and built myoki, a travel startup that allows you to book the best villas in india & southeast asia. we built it from the ground-up without external funding, and are proud to say we're bootstrapped & profitable 🙌.
i also occasionally dabble in smaller experiments:
* secondbrain 🧠— a new skunkworks project i'm working on. secondbrain is a way to resurface things you read, learnt or realized at various times so that the ideas stick.
you're at your best when aligned to your values. these are mine:
* consume less, create more: more words, more art, more code — anything that lets you put something beautiful out into the world. creation is the fundamental verb, after all.
* create things people love: things that aren't just useful and usable, but fun and beautiful too. why pick function over form when you can do both.
* craft is important: the details matter – from the words that are used to sell to how a product seems to telepathically know what you want. this quote resonates with me.
* high resolution matters: the more you learn, the better you see; the better you see, the more interesting things are. always be learning.
* everything is learnable: no skill is beyond learning, practise and persistence. believe in yourself.
* be kind: work is important. how we treat each other, even more so.